Game: WoW Classic
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Protection Warrior Tanking guide for Vanilla World of Warcraft, patch 1.12. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Fury Warrior in raids and dungeons. The guide includes a Talent tree, Enchants, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Choosing a Race
Choosing a race should be a personal preference since the bonuses provide a minimum impact on the game. The race bonus stats begin to be more noticeable in the late game. That being said, there are certain combinations of races and classes that work better, than others.
- Night Elf – 1% Dodge and higher agility
- Human – Weapon skill has an impact on threat generation
- Dwarf – has Stoneform ability
- Tauren – Increased amount of HP and War Stomp ability that can save you
- Orc – Increased weapon skills and Blood Fury for DPS increase
This is a standard build for tanking. You may want to make some adjustments for specific situations and in accordance with your gameplay.
- Head – Lesser Arcanum of Constitution or Arcanum of Protection
- Shoulder – Chromatic Mantle of the Dawn or Flame Mantle of the Dawn
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Fire Resistance, Enchant Cloak – Lesser Agility or Enchant Cloak – Superior Defense
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Greater Stats, Lesser Arcanum of Constitution or Core Armor Kit
- Bracers – Enchant Bracer – Deflection or Enchant Bracer – Greater Stamina
- Gloves – Core Armor Kit or Enchant Gloves – Greater Agility
- Legs – Lesser Arcanum of Constitution or Arcanum of Protection
- Boots – Core Armor Kit or Enchant Boots – Greater Stamina
- Main-hand – Enchant Weapon – Crusader
Gameplay & Rotations
- Defense cap is 440
- Also, you should aim for about 4k of Health (geared)
- Shield Slam should be used on cooldown
- Revenge also should be used on cooldown, do remember to use Shield Block to increase procs.
- Try to keep up 5 stacks of Sunder Armor on the target
- Use Heroic Strike to dump rage. Situational, but if everything is on cooldown and you still have more than 50 rage – now is the time to use it.