Game: Wrath of the Lich King
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Survival Hunter PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Survival Hunter in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Delicate Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Deadly Ametrine or Glinting Ametrine
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1 / Stormy Majestic Zircon x3
The rest can be filled with Red Gems.
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Major Agility
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Frosthide Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Weapons – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Superior Potency and Titanium Weapon Chain on the off-hand
- Bow – Heartseeker Scope
Gameplay & Rotations
Hit (5%) > Resilience (700 minimum) > Agility > Attack Power > Spell Penetration (75) > Stamina > Intellect > Crit rating
- Aimed Shot > Explosive Shot > Black Arrow
- These are the 3 main abilities. Feel free to use Tranquilizing Shot anytime needed, even open up with it.
- Serpent Sting is not a priority but can be used if everything else is on cooldown.
- Do not use Arcane Shot as it shares a cooldown with Explosive Shot
- Use Kill Shot on cooldown when the enemy is low
- If you have a chance to free cast – Rapid Fire + Steady Shot is the way to go
- After a Lock and Load proc it is important to allow enough time between your Explosive Shots. This will increase your damage drastically, as each tick can crit. Wait, use another skill or kite between Explosive Shots.
- Use Wyvern Sting and Scatter Shot to set-up an enemy for a Trap.
Spider is one of the best pets for PVP for Survival or Marksmanship Hunter. It uses the Cunning talent tree, which provides you with Roar of Recovery and Roar of Sacrifice. Also, the spider has a 30-yard ranged root which is a great utility skill. It’s a mobile pet, but keep in mind that it’s not as tanky, as a Crab. Sometimes it’s better to let your spider be near you and use Web for rooting an enemy, instead of sending him into the fray.
While also a pet that uses the Cunning talent tree – Ravagers have a different purpose and might require more skill from the player. Ravager immobilizes and silences a target for 2 seconds. Unlike Spiders, this ability silences the target, rather than just rooting them to a place. The downside is that this skill requires melee range and Ravagers are rather squishy.
Crab can also be used to lock an opponent. The difference is that Crabs are slow, and their Pin ability requires them to be in melee range. On the other hand, Crabs are way harder to kill due to the Tenacity talent tree. Excellent choice for Battlegrounds!
Add-ons improve your gameplay by a lot. It is necessary to utilize add-ons, since they play a vital role in your performance, whether you are in a raid, arena or at the auction house.
Check out our Add-ons Page which will provide you with a download link and some configuration info. The addon versions are for WoW WotLK 3.3.5a. The site has multiple versions of the add-ons, so if you need another version – you can also search for it there.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Retribution Paladin
- Discipline Priest
- Shadow Priest
- Restoration Druid
- Restoration Shaman
- Feral Druid
- Protection Warrior + Holy Paladin
- Unholy / Frost Death Knight + Holy Paladin
- Feral Druid + Holy Paladin / Restor. Shaman / Discipline Priest
- Retribution Paladin + Discipline Priest