Category: PVP Guides, Paladin Guides
Welcome to the Retribution Paladin PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Retribution Paladin in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
Other viable Glyphs
- Glyph of Salvation – Another personal defensive cooldown
- Glyph of Hammer of Justice – If you’re getting kited
- Glyph of Sense Undead – Extra damage against Lichborne Death Knights and their pets
- Glyph of Lay on Hands – Lay on Hands has 5 minutes less cooldown
- Glyph of Blessing of Might – Increased duration.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bold Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Inscribed Ametrine
- Head – Arcanum of Torment or Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe or Inscription of Triumph
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Greater Assault or Enchant Boots – Icewalker
- Weapon – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Berserking
Gameplay & Rotations
Keep your opponents as debuffed as possible. This will make it harder for them to dispell a real CC. Land crits on your enemies to get an instant Flash of Light with The Art of War procs. Use Judgement to get a proc, since it has a high crit chance.
Don’t use Holy Light since it costs too much mana, and it has a long cast-time, making it vulnerable to interruption. Remember, that healing can also be done with Divine Storm.
If you’re looking forward to bursting down your enemy then try to use Avenging Wrath and your trinkets at the same time. Save some spells for that moment and cooperate with your team.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Marksmanship Hunter
- Unholy Death Knight
- Any Healer
- Death Knight + Priest
- Mage + Priest
- Warrior + Priest
- Rogue + Priest
- Hunter + Priest / Shaman / Druid