Category: Druid Guides, PVP Guides
Welcome to the Feral Druid PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Feral Druid in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
The first build is for players who are a bit more experienced in positioning, as the main ability is Shred. This means that you have to strike from behind. By the way, this is why we don’t take Primal Precision. Feral Aggression 3/3 is a minimum, where Natural Shapeshifter and Predatory Instincts are up to your personal preference.
The second build has a bit less damage, but you won’t have to be positioned behind. This is for players who are often facing a 1v1 and you can’t get behind to strike with Shred. Main ability in this build is Mangle. Your attacks will get parried and dodged more often.
- Glyph of Berserk
- Glyph of Rip
- Glyph of Shred
- Use Glyph of Mangle instead of Glyph of Shred for the second build
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Persistent Earthsiege Diamond or Powerful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby or Delicate Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Mystic King’s Amber or Rigid King’s Amber
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
The rest is filled with Red Gems.
- Head – Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder – Inscription of Triumph
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher or Enchant Gloves – Precision
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor or Earthen Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Greater Assault or Enchant Boots – Icewalker
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Executioner or Enchant Weapon – Berserking depending on what you are maxing
Gameplay & Rotations
Star priority when maxing Armor Penetration
Hit rating 164 → Resilience 950-1150 > Armor Penetration
Stat priority when maxing Agility
Hit rating 164 → Resilience 1150-1300 > Agility
Cyclone – Usable to prevent healing, saving your partner, disabling a healer or dd, or proc a trinket. Also, disables warlocks Soul Link if used on a pet.
Hibernate – Great for disabling hunters pets. Also, works on druids and shaman while in shapeshift.
Entangling Roots – Self-explaining. Best use is for melees like Warriors, Rogues, DKs. Also, you can zone-out a healer from his partner if he goes too far away.
Feral Charge – Bear – Stun the enemy while your partner casts something on him. Interrupt a heal or warlocks seduction. Peel a DD from your partner.
Bash – Apply bleed before using it, so that enemies will take extra damage while being stunned. Also good for peeling a DD from your partner.
Add-ons improve your gameplay by a lot. It is necessary to utilize add-ons, since they play a vital role in your performance, whether you are in a raid, arena or at the auction house.
Check out our Add-ons Page which will provide you with a download link and some configuration info. The addon versions are for WoW WotLK 3.3.5a. The site has multiple versions of the add-ons, so if you need another version – you can also search for it there.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Restoration Shaman
- Shadow Priest + Rogue