Category: Druid Guides, PVP Guides
Welcome to the Balance Druid PVP guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Balance Druid in the arena or a battleground. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips, Team setups.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond or Effulgent Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Quick King’s Amber or Mystic King’s Amber
- Blue: Stormy Majestic Zircon or Solid Majestic Zircon
- Head – Arcanum of Dominance or Arcanum of the Savage Gladiator
- Shoulder – Inscription of Dominance or Greater Inscription of the Gladiator
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracer – Superior Spellpower or Scroll of Enchant Bracer – Major Stamina
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Sapphire Spellthread or Earthen Leg Armor
- Boots – Scroll of Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- One-handed – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower
- Two-handed – Scroll of Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
Gameplay & Rotations
Hit rating > Spell Penetration > Resilience > Haste > Spell Power > Crit / Spirit
- Pounce > Entangling Roots
- Pounce > Wrath > Starfall
- Pounce > Cyclone
- Entangling Roots can be used as an opener in certain situations
Your main emergency buttons are Barkskin and Nature’s Grasp, so don’t waste them without the need. Also, while low on health, swapping to human form to heal yourself is a mistake. You can get stunned, not to mention, you disable all of that defense that Moonkin form gives you.
Cyclone can be used to prevent a focused target receive healing by his party member.
If you have to move – apply DoTs and HoTs. But, if you have a moment to free cast – be sure to use it.
Add-ons improve your gameplay by a lot. It is necessary to utilize add-ons, since they play a vital role in your performance, whether you are in a raid, arena or at the auction house.
Check out our Add-ons Page which will provide you with a download link and some configuration info. The addon versions are for WoW WotLK 3.3.5a. The site has multiple versions of the add-ons, so if you need another version – you can also search for it there.
Here is a list of preferable partners in the 2v2 and 3v3 arena.
- Elemental Shaman
- Shadow Priest
- Demonology Warlock + Elemental Shaman
- Arms Warrior + Holy Paladin
- Marksmanship/Beast Mastery Hunter + Holy Paladin
- Demonology Warlock + Restoration Shaman