Category: Hunter Guides
Welcome to the Survival Hunter DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Survival Hunter in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Major Agility
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Superior Agility
- Weapons – Scroll of Enchant 2H Weapon – Massacre or Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Superior Potency
- Bow – Heartseeker Scope
Gameplay & Rotations
Survival Hunters don’t have that much of a rotation, just some basic rules.
- Serpent Sting and Black Arrow are always on the target.
- Afterwards, use Aimed Shot and Explosive Shot
- If they are on cooldown, then use Steady Shot
- Use Freezing Arrow when additional monsters spawn
First of all, we have to decide which pet do we need. In terms of PVE and Raiding our top 3 pets are:
- Tyrant Devilsaur
Talent tree for our pet is Ferocity. Unlike Beast Mastery Hunters we can’t tame Exotic Creatures and don’t have those extra 4 talent points.
Don’t forget to use Kill Command and other pet skills when you can!