Category: Priest Guides
Welcome to the Shadow Priest DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Shadow Priest in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Here I’ll describe two specs. The first one will be a casual spec, usable with every kind of gear. The second one will be for people with 4/5 T10 Set Bonus.
The advantage of the second build is that we don’t take Improved Mind Blast, which saves us 5 talent points. We take Improved Vampiric Embrace, which will give our raid extra survivability and now we have 16% less treat generation.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Icewalker
Gameplay & Rotations
Shadow Priests have an opener combo and a priority list afterward. Let’s take a look.
First Spec Openers
This is a standard opener for players using the first spec. (No 4/5 T10 Set Bonus)
- Vampiric Touch → Devouring Plague → Mind Blast → Mind Flay → Shadow Word: Pain
- Use Shadow Word: Pain only after stacking Shadow Weaving
After using your opener you have to keep these spells on the target all the time:
Second Spec Openers
If you have the 4/5 T10 Set Bonus then your opener will look like this:
*Mind Blast is used much less with this spec.
*Mind Blast procs a regeneration buff.If you have other 3 classes, that give a similar buff, then you don’t have to use it.