Category: Paladin Guides
Welcome to the Retribution Paladin DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Retribution Paladin in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
- Glyph of Sense Undead
- Glyph of Lay on Hands
- Glyph of Blessing of Kings or Glyph of Blessing of Might
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bold Cardinal Ruby or Precise Cardinal Ruby (if needed)
- Yellow: Inscribed Ametrine (x1, for socket bonus with Strength), Etched Ametrine & Rigid King’s Amber (if needed)
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed or Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher or Enchant Gloves – Precision
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Greater Assault
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Berserking
Retribution Paladin does not have a solid combination of skills, though it is advised to use this priority list below:
The rest of the time, use any skill which comes out of cooldown.
Hit -> Expertise -> Strength -> Critical Strike Rating -> Agility -> Haste
You will need 8% of Hit (263 hit rating) to never miss the boss with your melee attacks. Expertise reduces the chance of your attacks being parried or dodged. 26 Expertise (213 rating) is the soft cap, after which the boss won’t be able to dodge your attacks.
Strength is the primary stat of this spec, as it provides attack power and scales well with raid buffs. Stack as much as possible. Critical Strike rating is a significant component of our overall DPS. Agility also increases the critical strike rating making it an attractive secondary stat. Last on the list is Haste, which is mainly useful to increase auto-attack frequency.