Game: Wrath of the Lich King
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Restoration Druid Healer guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Restoration Druid in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, BiS Gear, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
The first two are a must-have, the last one you choose yourself
- Glyph of Nourish – the more HoTs on the target, the more you heal. Works with Nourish
- Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation makes the healing faster, but you will be able to heal less players at the same time. Not advisable to use in 25 man raids.
- Glyph of Regrowth – for 5-man instances and for new healers
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond or Ember Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone
- Head – Arcanum of Blissful Mending
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Crag
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality or Enchant Boots – Greater Spirit
- Weapons – Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower if one-handed or Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower if you have a staff
Haste -> Spell Power -> Spirit -> Critical Strike -> Intellect
Improving Haste reduces the cooldown of Rejuvenation to 1 second. We need 856 Haste rating combined with Gift of the Earthmother to do it. Next, we have Spell Power that increases the power of our healing spells. Stack it as much as possible.
Not only does Spirit increase our mana regeneration, but it is also partially converted into Spell Power (15%) via the Improved Tree of Life talent. Critical strike rating is a nice thing to have after we have enough Haste since it contributes to our healing with heal crits and via the Living Seed talent. Natural Perfection will provide you with an additional 3% if you choose to take it.
There is definitely a lot more to learn, but I won’t write how to use a direct healing spell for obvious reasons. These are the very basics that will get you started.
- Head – Sanctified Lasherweave Helmet
- Shoulder – Sanctified Lasherweave Pauldrons
- Cloak – Greatcloak of the Turned Champion
- Chest – Sanguine Silk Robes (This cloth item is justified by the amount of Haste it gives)
- Bracers – Bracers of Fiery Night
- Gloves – Sanctified Lasherweave Gauntlets
- Waist – Professor’s Bloodied Smock
- Legs – Sanctified Lasherweave Legplates
- Boots – Boots of Unnatural Growth
- Neck – Bone Sentinel’s Amulet
- Rings – Memory of Malygos and Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom
- Trinkets – Althor’s Abacus and Glowing Twilight Scale
- Main-hand – Val’anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
- Off-hand – Sundial of Eternal Dusk
- Idol – Idol of the Black Willow