Category: Hunter Guides
Welcome to the Marksmanship Hunter DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Marksmanship Hunter in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, BiS Gear, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
When spending your Talent Points, be sure to check your stats. Hit Cap is a priority, so if you don’t have it – then go for Focused Aim talent. If you have enough Hit from your items, then you can spend those points into Improved Hunter`s Mark.
The first build is better for players who don’t have Armor Penetration soft cap. This build uses Arcane Shot, which is not physical damage.
The second build is for players with better gear. Arcane Shot is not used in the rotation with this build
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
Fill every slot with Red. Armor penetration is a priority. Go for Agility only after an Armor Penetration soft cap.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Major Agility
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Scroll of Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- One-Handed – Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Superior Potency
- Two-Handed – Scroll of Enchant 2H Weapon – Massacre
- Bow – Heartseeker Scope
Gameplay & Rotations
- Kill Shot – This is your top priority spell. Usable when the target is 20% or lower. Use it always when available, interrupt the rotation if needed.
- Serpent Sting – Has to be all the time on the target. Buffs the Chimera shot.
- Chimera Shot – Your second best damage ability. Use Serpent Sting before Chimera shot for even more damage.
- Aimed Shot – Better than Arcane shot, but only if you have Armor Penetration and talents in it. If you use Aimed Shot, then don’t use Arcane Shot
- *Arcane Shot – Used only with talents to improve it and with a small amount of Armor Penetration. Is not used for the second build.
- Steady Shot – Used when everything else is on cooldown
- Silencing Shot – Self-explaining. Used for interruption
First of all, we have to decide which pet do we need. In terms of PVE and Raiding our top 3 pets are:
- Tyrant Devilsaur
Talent tree for our pet is Ferocity. Unlike Beast Mastery Hunters we can’t tame Exotic Creatures and don’t have those extra 4 talent points.
Don’t forget to use Kill Command and other pet skills when you can!
- Head – Sanctified Ahn’Kahar Blood Hunter’s Headpiece
- Shoulder – Sanctified Ahn’Kahar Blood Hunter’s Spaulders
- Cloak – Vereesa’s Dexterity or Sylvanas’ Cunning (depending on the faction)
- Chest – Sanctified Ahn’Kahar Blood Hunter’s Tunic
- Bracers – Scourge Hunter’s Vambraces
- Gloves – Sanctified Ahn’Kahar Blood Hunter’s Handguards
- Waist – Nerub’ar Stalker’s Cord
- Legs – Leggings of Northern Lights
- Boots – Returning Footfalls
- Neck – Sindragosa’s Cruel Claw
- Rings – Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance and Frostbrood Sapphire Ring
- Trinkets – Sharpened Twilight Scale and Deathbringer’s Will