Game: Wrath of the Lich King
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Holy Priest Healer guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Holy Priest in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
One of the pros being a Holy Priest is your adaptation to every situation. You can change your rotations depending on the situation. Holy Priest arsenal includes all kind of spells: HoTs (Heal over Time), single- and AoE (Area of Effect) spells, also instant spells and heals capable of basically reviving your whole raid in a dangerous situation.
- Glyph of Circle of Healing
- Glyph of Prayer of Healing
- Glyph of Guardian Spirit or Glyph of Flash Heal
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond this meta gem will allow you to regenerate 600-1200 mana per minute
There are different ways of combining gems.
Option 1: Spirit
This combination is suitable for players who just reached level 80 with low gear level.
Option 2: Mixed Stats
Suitable for players with a medium level of gear.
Option 3: Spell Power
Suitable for players with a high level of gear.
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Icewalker
- Two-handed – Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-handed – Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower
Tank healing combo: Prayer of Mending → Renew → Binding Heal / Flash Heal. When you’re at full health and the tank doesn’t take too much damage, use Flash Heal instaed of Binding Heal until you reach 2 stacks of Serendipity.
Mana management comes with experience, but OOM situations should be avoided as much as possible. When low on mana, use Guardian Spirit to increase the effectiveness of healing and follow up with Prayer of Mending, Renew, and Lightwell if needed.
Spell Power -> Crit -> Haste -> Intellect -> Spirit -> Mp5
Spell Power is a priority stat, as it increases the effectiveness of your spells. Critical Strike Rating is especially useful for tank healing thanks to the Inspiration talent. With Holy Concentration, critical heals also increase mana regeneration. Eventually, having 20% crit should be enough for this build.
Haste increases the number of spells we can cast in a certain amount of time, making us more effective while also burning through mana faster. Serendipity and raid buffs reduce the required amount of Haste. Having 800 Haste is sufficient, as we need to keep a balance of both Crit and Haste.
Intellect is a vital stat for Holy Priests as it increases the mana pool. Spirit improves the mana regeneration and is superior to Mp5 stat. Additionally, Spiritual Guidance converts 25% of Spirit into Spell Power.