Category: Death Knight Guides
Welcome to the Frost Death Knight DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Frost Death Knight in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
This is an optimal build for players with medium to high gear.
I’d like to write about these 4 talents below because they are taken not fully sometimes. Depending on the situation, gear, encounter, and raid you might want to tweak them a bit from optimization of your build
- Subversion – small DPS increase and a nice Treat decrease. Useful if you don’t have a Paladin with Hand of Salvation in your raid.
- Black Ice – is taken minimum 2/5 as a go-through talent. Note that, this talent has synergy with Strength, not Armor Penetration.
- Killing Machine – is taken either way. The efficiency of this talent is inverse to the amount of Critical Strike chance. The less crit you have, the more useful this talent is.
- Blood-Caked Blade – a nice DPS boost. Works best with Armor Penetration, the more you have it – the more damage it will deal.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bold Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Inscribed Ametrine
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1 – The rest is filled with Red Gems
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed or Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Crusher
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots –Scroll of Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality or Scroll of Enchant Boots – Greater Assault
- Weapons – Rune of Razorice for the main-hand. Rune of the Fallen Crusader for the off-hand.
Gameplay & Rotations
Hit → Expertise → Strength → Armor Pen. → Crit. → Haste → Attack Power → Agility
With this build, you’ll need 5% (164 Hit) thanks to Nerves of Cold Steel (4% if Draenei). Also a total of 26 Expertise.
Your opener should look like this