Category: Mage Guides
Welcome to the Fire Mage DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Fire Mage in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, BiS Gear, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Here we have two builds. The first one has the Frostfire bolt spell as a main source of DPS. This build is better with low gear level.
The second build is for players with BiS or pre-BiS gear. Fireball is the main DPS spell here.
The last glyph is depending on the build you use.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond is used in both builds
For players with low-level gear, stable DPS:
For players with high-level gear and enough spell damage to add some crits:
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Icewalker
- Two-handed – Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-handed – Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower or Enchant Weapon – Black Magic
Gameplay & Rotations
The rotation of these two builds is similar. All you have to do is change the main spell.
- Scorch – every 30 seconds
- Living Bomb – every 12 seconds after the explosion
- Pyroblast – after every Hot Streak proc.
- Head – Sanctified Bloodmage Hood
- Shoulder – Sanctified Bloodmage Shoulderpads
- Cloak – Cloak of Burning Dusk
- Chest – Robe of the Waking Nightmare
- Bracers – Bracers of Fiery Night
- Gloves – Sanctified Bloodmage Gloves
- Waist – Crushing Coldwraith Belt
- Legs – Sanctified Bloodmage Leggings
- Boots – Plague Scientist’s Boots
- Neck – Blood Queen’s Crimson Choker
- Rings – Ashen Band of Endless Destruction Ring of Rapid Ascent
- Trinkets – Charred Twilight Scale Phylactery of the Nameless Lich