Category: Shaman Guides
Welcome to the Enhancement Shaman DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Enhancement Shaman in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
This build is for fresh 80 level players with weak gear. It gives us cheap Shock spells and mana regeneration from Stormstrike.
The second build is more for people with good or BiS gear. Less mana regeneration, which will be compensated with by raid-member buffs or spells, making this build better in a full raid with different classes. Your totems are stronger than Death Knights buff with this build, at the cost of Intellect.
Other viable choices for the 3rd Glyph:
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bright Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Quick King’s Amber
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder –Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Crusher or Enchant Gloves – Precision
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Icewalker or Enchant Boots – Greater Assault
- Weapons – Enchant Weapon – Berserking
Gameplay & Rotations
Enhancement Shaman has a complicated rotation, though you’ll get used to it. Don’t forget to use two weapons (dual wield). Two-handed weapons are worse for your DPS since it only gives you bigger Windfury Crits, nothing more.
- When 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon use Lightning Bolt
- Use Magma Totem
- Stormstrike and Lava Lash after Maelstrom Weapon used
- Debuff from Stormstrike all the time is on target
- Use Flame Shock if not used on the target yet
- Earth Shock if Flame Shock already used
- Lightning Shield refreshed at 1-3 stacks
- Fire Nova if everything else is on cooldown
Hit Rating soft cap is 8% and should be a priority – this allows to land all special attacks. Since Enhancement Shamans use dual wield – they have a cap at 27% (melee attacks), but it’s not reasonable to get so much Hit Rating since you will be sacrificing other stats.
- Dual Wield Specialization (talents)
- Improved Faerie Fire (Moonkin debuff on the target) / Misery (Shadow Priest debuff)
- Heroic Presence (Draenei racial passive – only affects the group)
- Gear & Gem
Expertise decreases the chance that melee attacks will be dodged or parried by 0.25%. Cap – 26 points (not rating). Unleashed Rage gives 9 points, and Orcs passive – Axe Specialization gives another 5.
Stacking Haste or combining it with Attack Power is a personal preference as the difference is marginal. It will likely be affected by the gear you can currently aquire.