Category: Shaman Guides
Welcome to the Elemental Shaman DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Elemental Shaman in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
4 Talents marked with blue are replaceable.
Spend those 4 talent points depending on the raid, your gear, and the encounter. Sometimes you need to instantly go into the Spirit Wolf form to avoid damage. Sometimes, when you can get hit by AoE damage it’s best to take Elemental Warding. Improved Fire Nova is taken more when you have BiS gear, for maximizing your damage.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Potent Ametrine
- Blue: Glowing Dreadstone
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracer – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Scroll of Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Sapphire Spellthread
- Boots – Scroll of Enchant Boots – Icewalker
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Black Magic or Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower
- Shield – Scroll of Enchant Shield – Greater Intellect
Gameplay & Rotations
Everything else is used when cooldown goes off. If needed, use also Chain Lightning
Don’t forget to place needed totems in the right spot for maximum efficiency.