Category: Warlock Guides
Welcome to the Destruction Warlock DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Destruction Warlock in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
There are two main specs for Destruction Warlock. The first one is better when you can just stand still and use your spells. Soul Leech and Improved Soul Leech will allow you to be full health and mana all the time. You won’t be using Life Tap and will be able to concentrate on dealing damage.
The second build is more for a dynamic fight, where you have to move constantly. Here we don’t take Soul Leech and Improved Soul Leech because Unholy Power is considered to be more profitable in this situation. This build is for fights where you can use Life Tap without losing DPS because you will have to move anyway.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Potent Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone x2
Rest is filled with Red Gems
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Icewalker
- Two-handed – Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-handed – Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower or Enchant Weapon – Black Magic
Gameplay & Rotations
Chaos Bolt is your primary spell after that
Your pet of choice is Imp. He deals the most damage with this spec and we have Empowered Imp, which gives us a 100% critical after the imp deals one.