Category: Rogue Guides
Welcome to the Combat Rogue DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Combat Rogue in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
The first one is more effective when you don’t have your Armor Penetration capped because Rupture ignores armor. Second is for fights where you constantly change your target. The damage is more or less the same. Don’t forget that you can spend 1 point from Ruthlessness or Poisons [Tier 4] into Vigor to have an extra 10 energy.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby, Precise Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Quick King’s Amber, Rigid King’s Amber, Stark Ametrine
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Crusher
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Icewalker
- Weapon – Berserking for both weapons
Gameplay & Rotations
Opening up with a Sinister Strike, which can proc a glyph. Doing another one or two Sinister Strike to drain all the energy. Finishing move: Slice and Dice followed up with a Killing Spree. This start will give us a burst of damage.
Afterwards, we are gaining Combo Points with our Sinister Strike while using our Finisher move depending on the priorities below: