Category: Hunter Guides
Welcome to the Beast Mastery Hunter DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Beast Mastery Hunter in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
The first build is for people who just hit level 80. Keep in mind, that you can swap a few points from Lethal Shots to Focused Aim in the Marksmanship Tree if you lack Hit Cap. If you have your Hit Cap, then that last point could be spent in Invigoration or Catlike Reflexes, depending on if you have mana problems or not.
The second build is for people with medium or BiS gear. When you have top gear, then Arcane Shot is not in the rotation, since there are much better skills to use. This means that Improved Tracking will be your choice.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bright Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Smooth King’s Amber x1 – other slots filled with Red
- Blue: Nightmare Tear x1 – other slots filled with Red
- Head – Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Cloak – Scroll of Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest – Scroll of Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Scroll of Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Major Agility
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Weapons – Scroll of Enchant 2H Weapon – Massacre or Scroll of Enchant Weapon – Superior Potency
- Bow – Heartseeker Scope
Gameplay & Rotations
- First of all, our aspect of choice is Aspect of the Dragonhawk.
- Apply Hunter’s Mark and send your Pet into the fight. Afterwards, your rotation will look like this:
- Serpent Sting → Arcane Shot → Multi-Shot → Steady Shot
- Steady Shot is used last and spammed until something better goes out of cooldown. Make sure, that the enemy is always affected by Serpent Sting.
- When the target reaches 20% of its health – Kill Shot becomes №1 priority in the rotation.
First of all, we have to decide which pet do we need. In terms of PVE and Raiding our top 3 pets are:
Talent tree for our pet is Ferocity, and here is a spec made with those 4 extra Talent Points from the Beast Mastery talent.
Don’t forget to use Kill Command and other pet skills when you can!