Category: Druid Guides
Welcome to the Balance Druid DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Balance Druid in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
The first build is for new players with low gear. Involves a lot of mana-related talents
The second build is all-around raid build, for players with better gear. You might make some tweak according to your raid needs.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Potent Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone or Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower or Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
Gameplay & Rotations
- Maintain Faerie Fire on the target if no other Druid is doing it.
- Cast Starfall on cooldown.
- Cast Force of Nature on cooldown.
- Spam Wrath during Eclipse (Solar), and spam Starfire during Eclipse (Lunar).
- Spam Wrath after leaving Eclipse (Solar), and spam Starfire after leaving Eclipse (Lunar), until the next Eclipse procs.
- Refresh the DoTs when out of Eclipse. If in Eclipse then use Wrath or Starfire
- If Eclipse just proc-ed and DoTs are down: refresh Insect Swarm for Solar, Moonfire for Lunar.
- If Eclipse just ended and DoTs are down: refresh Insect Swarm if you just came out of Lunar, refresh Moonfire if you just came out of Solar.