Category: Mage Guides
Welcome to the Arcane Mage DPS guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Arcane Mage in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Don’t change the Fire and Ice talents, simple as that. Change points in Arcane Tree, if needed. New players might take Arcane Barrage to reset the Arcane debuff – this will help you with mana problems.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby is used only if the socket bonus is +7 or +9 Spell Power
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone x2, to activate the Meta Gem
Rest if filled with Yellow gems. Also, do not forget about the Hit Rating, it’s a priority
- Head – Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Greater Speed
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers – Superior Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Icewalker or Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Two-handed – Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-handed – Enchant Weapon – Mighty Spellpower or Enchant Weapon – Black Magic
Gameplay & Rotations
Presence of Mind → Three Arcane Blast → Mirror Image if you have 4 T10 pieces → Icy Veins, Arcane Power, Trinkets → One Arcane Blast → Arcane Missiles if Missile Barrage activated, or wait until it procs.