Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Subtlety Rogue guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Subtlety Rogue in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Subtlety isn’t the go-to spec for PvE. Combat Rogue will deal more damage with the same gear. Hemorrhage Hybrid Builds are not viable in Tier 6 content because the Rogue will sacrifice too much damage. These builds can be viable in lower Tiers where the requirements are not that high.
Hemorrhage Hybrid Build is a spec that utilizes Hemorrhage debuff to increase the overall DPS of the raid. Below is a build that requires Swords as both main- and off-hand weapon. Ideally, you should have a slower main-hand sword (2.5-2.8) with a fast off-hand due to Sword Specialization.
Use the second build if you don’t have access to two swords. 2 points in Dirty Deeds and 4 in Deadliness is taken to compensate for lost damage due to the absence of Sword Specialization and Weapon Expertise. Overall, this build is less powerful and it is advised to change to the first one as soon, as possible.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Delicate Crimson Spinel or Delicate Living Ruby
- Yellow: Glinting Pyrestone or Glinting Noble Topaz
- Blue: x2 Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst or Shifting Nightseye to activate the Meta Gem
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Assault
- Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Cat’s Swiftness or Dexterity
- Main-Hand – Mongoose
- Off-Hand – Mongoose
Enchanters can also benefit from Enchant Ring – Stats.
Enchanting will mainly be used to make your armor enchants and unique ring enchants.
Engineering provides a list of useful items during your progression, like Deathblow X11 Goggles and Quad Deathblow X44 Goggles which are present in T6 BiS list (there are better items though). Goblin Jumper Cables XL will come in handy since you can Vanish even if everyone else is wiped.
Gameplay & Rotations
Open up with GarroteMaintain Slice and Dice at all time (with 3-5 Combo Points) and Rupture on the target.
Hemorrhage is your main skill to get combo points. Shiv can be used to re-apply Deadly Poison. It’s worth using Shiv if the stack of poison is about to end on the target.
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility, Elixir of Demonslaying
- Potion: Haste Potion
- Healthstones, Thistle Tea, Flame Cap (shared CD)
- Food: Warp Burger, Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
Expertise – Agility & Hit – Haste – Crit – Armor Penetration
With 5/5 Precision, you will need an additional 4% of Hit (64 rating) to reach soft cap, where special attacks always hit.
With 2/2 Weapon Expertise, you will need an additional 64 expertise rating to reach soft cap, or 44 expertise rating if you are playing a Human with swords.