Category: Shaman Guides
Welcome to the Restoration Shaman guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Restoration Shaman in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Both of the builds have some talents to swap depending on personal preference. The first build is for progressing new content with more survivability and threat reduction.
The second build is mostly for farming. The main healing talents are kept, but we also take some talents in the Enhancement Tree to provide more group DPS with Totems and have some extra mobility.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Teardrop Crimson Spinel or Teardrop Living Ruby
- Yellow: Quick Lionseye or Quick Dawnstone
- Blue: Royal Shadowsong Amethyst or Royal Nightseye
- Head – Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of Faith or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Cloak – Major Armor, Subtlety or a Resistance enchant
- Chest – Restore Mana Prime
- Bracers – Superior Healing or Restore Mana Prime
- Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs – Golden Spellthread
- Boots – Boar’s Speed, Vitality
- Weapon – Major Healing
- Shield – Intellect or Major Stamina
Enchanters can also benefit from Healing Power on both of the Rings
Alchemy is also a popular choice because of the Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone, not to mention the ability to craft consumables and transmutes.
Tailoring might be a good option for players who just started, as Whitemend and Primal Mooncloth item sets can be useful up until T5 content.
Enchanting provides unique ring enchants for an extra 40 healing power combined.
Gameplay & Rotations
Chain Heal is the main ability in your kit to heal the raid. Using Rank 4 of this spell often is a good idea when having mana issues, since mana costs go down 19%, but healing power only goes down for 10%.
Healing Wave is the main single-target healing spell. Combine it with Nature’s Swiftness in critical situations to save a tank. Healing Wave can also be downranked to Rank 8 for more efficiency. Rank 1 can be used for stacking Healing Way and Ancestral Healing on the tank.
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration or Flask of Distilled Wisdom
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power & Elixir of Major Mageblood
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Mad Alchemist’s Potion
- Weapon: Blessed Weapon Coating, Superior Mana Oil or Brilliant Mana Oil
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks or Blackened Sporefish
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
Healing Power – Spell Haste – MP/5 – Intellect – Spell Crit