Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Restoration Druid guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Restoration Druid in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Below is the core build for Restoration Druid with all of the must-have talents, focused on Healing over Time effects (HoTs). There are 19 points left for you to choose.
This is a finished build, where we took core talents and added talents like Naturalist, Tranquil Spirit and Empowered Touch to improve our Healing Touch. We still prefer using HoTs, but this gives us the ability to heal up a player if he took too much damage.
Starlight Wrath is taken for certain boss mechanics, like “Inner Demon” mechanic while fighting Leotheras the Blind. Natural Shapeshifter is also an option because some boss mechanics require fast movement to stay alive while Tree of life reduces our movement speed, also blocks us from using Healing Touch and Remove Curse.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Teardrop Crimson Spinel or Teardrop Living Ruby
- Yellow: Luminous Pyrestone or Luminous Noble Topaz
- Blue: Purified Shadowsong Amethyst or Purified Shadow Pearl
- Head – Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of Faith or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Cloak – Major Armor, Subtlety or a Resistance enchant
- Chest – Major Spirit or Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Superior Healing or Restore Mana Prime
- Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs – Golden Spellthread
- Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapon – Major Healing
Enchanters can also benefit from Healing Power on both of the Rings
Tailoring might be a good option for players who just started, as Whitemend and Primal Mooncloth item sets can be useful up until T5 content.
Leatherworking will also give you options to craft gear throughout your progression, with noticeable items like Leather Chestguard of the Sun. Drums of Battle and Drums of Restoration will also help out the group.
Enchanting provides unique ring enchants for an extra 40 healing power combined.
Gameplay & Rotations
As any healer, Restoration Druid has a priority list of spell usable in different situations.
We will be using Tree of Life form most of the times (excluding fast-movement mechanics and using Healing Touch). The main abilities are: Lifebloom, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Healing Touch, Swiftmend, and Nature’s Swiftness
Task: Main Tank
If Main Tank (MT) is your assigned task – you want to have 3 stacks of Lifebloom on him and a Rejuvenation / Regrowth depending on the incoming damage. Damage spikes can be healed with either Swiftmend the HoTs or Nature Swiftness and Healing Touch combo.
/cast Nature’s Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch(Rank 13)
With good ping, you can maintain Lifebloom on up to 4 tanks without a large amount of Haste.
Task: Raid Healing + Tank (combined)
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration, Flask of Distilled Wisdom or Flask of Chromatic Wonder
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power, Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Mad Alchemist’s Potion
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks
- Weapon: Superior Wizard Oil, Superior Mana Oil
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
Bonus healing – Spell haste – Spirit, Intellect & MP5