Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Marksmanship Hunter guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Marksmanship Hunter in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Marksmanship Hunter is primarily a PvP spec, but it’s also viable in PvE. Improved Hunter’s Mark and Trueshot Aura will benefit the group, but these bonuses are usually outweighed by Beast Mastery DPS or Survival’s Expose Weakness which is a raid buff. Silencing Shot and Improved Revive Pet can be taken as a personal preference with points from Survival Tree: Monster Slaying or Humanoid Slaying – depending on the one you need the least.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Delicate Crimson Spinel
- Yellow: Smooth Lionseye, Rigid Lionseye or Glinting Pyrestone
- Blue: Infused Shadowsong Amethyst
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity
- Shoulder – Might of the Scourge, Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Assault
- Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Dexterity
- Weapon – Major Agility
- Ranged – Stabilized Eternium Scope
Enchanters can also benefit from Stats on both of the Rings
Leatherworking is great for Hunter. It provides you with Drums of Battle & Drums of War which is often a requirement for guilds while progressing through higher tier content. Also, you can craft armor on every stage of your progression and the Nethercobra Leg Armor enchant.
Engineering is another good option which provides Guns, Ammo, Scope enchants, and Goggles
Combining Engineering and Leatherworking is probably the best choice, assuming you have an alt or gold for the mats.
Gathering professions don’t work so well with Hunters due to their other tracking abilities.
Other options would be:
- Jewelcrafting can be used to create Figurine – Shadowsong Panther (as starter trinket) and epic gems. Also, jewelcrafting is a better choice if you want to make gold from the profession.
- Alchemy is used to make the potions, flasks and transmutes lowering your costs consumables while making some extra gold.
- Enchanting is used to make armor enchants and a unique bonus – Stats
Gameplay & Rotations
The rotation is Steady Shot – Multi-Shot or Arcane Shot (depending on CDs) and an Auto Attack. Maintain Hunter’s Mark on target and don’t forget to use Kill Command (included in macro) and Rapid Fire. Let’s break it down into sequences:
- Steady Shot – Multi-Shot – Auto Attack
- Steady Shot – Auto Attack
- Steady Shot – Arcane Shot – Auto Attack
- Steady Shot – Auto Attack
This rotation also can be managed by the following macro: Note: Replace the “reset=3.0” with your weapons speed + 0.01
#showtooltip Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=3.0 Steady Shot, !Auto Shot
/cast [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
/castrandom Arcane Shot, Multi-Shot
Another macro for calling, reviving or healing a pet in 1 button:
/cast [target=pet, dead] Revive Pet;[nopet] Call Pet; Mend Pet
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility & Elixir of Major Mageblood (better combo than Flask, but doesn’t persist after death)
- Potion: Super Mana Potion & Super Healing Potion
- Oil: Superior Mana Oil
- Food: Warp Burger, Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Pet food: Kibler’s Bits
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
Hit (9%) – Agility – Attack Power – Crit & Haste – Intellect & MP/5
The best pets for raiding in terms of DPS are Cats, Ravagers, and Scorpids. Your pet will require the following skills:
- Active: Bite, Claw, Gore, Scorpid Poison (depending on which pet you choose)
- Passive: Avoidance, Cobra Reflexes, Great Stamina