Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Holy Priest guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Holy Priest in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Below is a Circle of Healing (CoH) build. This build is an option for group-healing in higher tier content if there is another IDS Priest in the raid.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Purified Shadowsong Amethyst / Purified Shadow Pearl
- Yellow: Luminous Pyrestone / Luminous Noble Topaz or Dazzling Seaspray Emerald / Dazzling Talasite
- Blue: Purified Shadowsong Amethyst / Purified Shadow Pearl or Sparkling Empyrean Sapphire / Sparkling Star of Elune
- Head – Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of Faith (better) or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Cloak – any resistance enchants or Major Armor
- Chest – Major Spirit
- Bracers – Superior Healing
- Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs – Golden Spellthread
- Boots – Boar’s Speed (better), Vitality
- Weapon – Major Healing
Enchanters can also benefit from Healing Power on both of the Rings
- Enchanting gives a unique bonus – Healing Power.
- Tailoring allows you to craft Primal Mooncloth set which can be used until T5 content.
Note: Ring enchants do not require you to have Enchanting to receive the bonus. Enchanting can be swapped for another profession after BiS rings are enchanted.
Later on, Leatherworking combined with Alchemy is a better option. The group bonuses from Drums of Restoration and Drums of Battle are often required in the T6 content. Alchemy provides you with Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone (BiS).
Gameplay & Rotations
While using IDS build, Greater Heal [Ranks 2; 7 – depending on healing required / mana sustain] combined with Renew and Power Word: Shield are your main abilities. Heal is used for medium single-target healing, while Flash Heal should be used in extreme situations to quickly heal the target.
CoH build mainly uses Circle of Healing, combined with other AoE spells like Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Binding Heal. Renew, Power Word: Shield and single target spells are used depending on the situation. Shadowfiend is your mana regeneration cooldown. Use it once you’ve hit 60% of mana or lower. Inner Focus gives you a free cast, combine it with Greater Heal or Prayer of Healing for the best result.
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration
- Elixir: Elixir of Draenic Wisdom and Elixir of Healing Power (better than Flasks)
- Potion: Super Mana Potion
- Healthstones: Dark Rune, Demonic Rune, Charged Crystal Focus
- Oil: Brilliant Mana Oil, Superior Mana Oil or Superior Wizard Oil
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks
- Drums (LW): Drums of Restoration
Intellect & Spirit – Stamina* – Bonus Healing – MP/5 – Crit rating – Haste Rating
*Stamina can be traded in favor of other stats, but you still need to maintain a certain amount of health for most of the encounters.