Category: Paladin Guides
Welcome to the Holy Paladin guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Holy Paladin in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
This build offers all of the necessary healing talents while also giving utility for the raid. There is not much room for changes, as there are little alternatives. If Improved Blessing of Might is not required (another Paladin has it), these points can be used for other talents, like Toughness, Unyielding Faith, Pure of Heart or Purifying Power.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Teardrop Crimson Spinel / Teardrop Living Ruby
- Yellow: Luminous Pyrestone / Luminous Noble Topaz or Dazzling Seaspray Emerald / Dazzling Talasite
- Blue: Royal Shadowsong Amethyst / Royal Nightseye
- Head – Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of Faith or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Cloak – Major Armor or a Resistance enchant
- Chest – Restore Mana Prime
- Bracers – Superior Healing or Restore Mana Prime
- Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs – Golden Spellthread
- Boots – Boar’s Speed, Vitality
- Weapon – Major Healing
- Shield – Intellect or Major Stamina
Enchanters can also benefit from Healing Power on both of the Rings
Alchemy is a good choice since you will be able to make consumables, but also Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone, which is one of the BiS trinkets for healers.
Enchanting is also a good option to save money on armor enchants and easy access to unique bonus – Healing Power.
Engineering can be used to craft Justicebringer 2000 Specs, which is in the BiS list for Holy Paladin. Also, it’s just a fun and versatile profession.
Jewelcrafting can be a useful and profitable profession. Early on, it gives access to a starting trinket (which will be replaced pretty fast, but still worth a mention) – Figurine – Talasite Owl. Later on, superior gems, like Kailee’s Rose can be crafted to receive extra stats.
Gameplay & Rotations
Important note: Aura is applied to your group, not the whole raid.
Sometimes you may be asked to use Judgements in a fight. While being the only Paladin, it’s a good choice to use Judgement of Wisdom. Judgement of Light is another choice if Wisdom is covered by another Paladin.
Divine Intervention can be used to save a player who can then resurrect the whole raid. Use it on a player who is located outside of the bosses initial aggro range.
Paladins are expected to buff group / raid with blessings. Blessings are valuable buffs, but each class requires different blessing to maximize the benefit.
Below we have a list of buffs that are suitable for each spec. First option is considered the best, while second and third are also viable. Use first option unless requested otherwise.
- Warrior (Prot): Kings –> Light –> Might
- Druid (Feral): Kings –> Might
- Paladin (Prot): Kings –> Sanctuary –> Light
- Druid (Resto): Wisdom or Kings
- Shaman (Resto): Wisdom –> Kings
- Paladin (Holy): Wisdom –> Kings
- Priest (Holy): Wisdom –> Kings
- Warrior (Arms / Fury): Might –> Kings
- Rogues: Might –> Kings
- Druid (Moonkin): Wisdom –> Kings
- Druid (Feral): Kings –> Might
- Shaman (Elemental): Wisdom –> Kings
- Shaman (Enhancement): Might –> Kings
- Mages: Kings or Wisdom
- Warlocks: Salvation –> Kings –> Wisdom
- Hunters (MM / BM): Might –> Kings
- Hunter (Survival): King –> Might
- Paladin (Retribution): Might –> Kings
- Priest (Shadow): Wisdom –> Kings
Flash of Light is the primary spell for healing. It can be downranked to Rank 6 to save mana.
Holy Light requires more time to cast but heals significantly more. Light’s Grace talent allows you to reduce the casting time by 0.5 sec. Ideally, you should maintain this effect most of the time by casting Holy Light – Rank 4 or 5. This is done so that you could use a Rank 11 faster in a critical situation.
Holy Shock is reserved for emergencies.
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration or Flask of Distilled Wisdom
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power combined with Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Mad Alchemist’s Potion
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks
- Oil: Superior Wizard Oil, Superior Mana Oil
- Drums (LW): Drums of Restoration
Spell healing – MP/5 & Spell Crit – Intellect – Spell Haste