Category: Druid Guides
Welcome to the Feral Druid DPS guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Feral Druid in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Below build has Feral Swiftness to maximize our time dealing damage, while not wasting it for running to the target. Feral Aggression is taken for Ferocious Bite damage increase, usable in situations where the target will not live long enough for Rip to be effective.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Delicate Crimson Spinel, Delicate Living Ruby
- Yellow: Inscribed Pyrestone, Inscribed Noble Topaz or Glinting Pyrestone, Glinting Noble Topaz if not Hit capped
- Blue: Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst, Shifting Tanzanite, or Shifting Nightseye
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity or Glyph of the Outcast if Hit capped
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Brawn
- Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Dexterity or Cat’s Swiftness
- Weapon – Major Agility
Leatherworking is a good choice for Druid. You will benefit from leg armor enchants, Drums that are sometimes a requirement in raiding, and the ability to craft good pieces of armor almost at any stage of the game.
If you wish to combine Leatherworking with other crafting professions:
Enchanting will provide unique ring enchants and save you some gold since now you can enchant your armor.
Jewelcrafting is generally a choice to make extra gold and better gems early on. Trinkets may be useful when gearing up a fresh level 70 druid, but they will be replaced fast enough.
Engineering isn’t really worth it for feral druids unless you are planning to also PVP.
Alchemy is also an option, but there is usually quite a lot of players selling potions. Overall, possible profits from transmutes and the ability to craft your potions.
Gameplay & Rotations
Powershifting is shifting out of form and instantly shift in to gain more Energy for skills. Furor will give you 40 Energy, which is faster than waiting till it restores on its own. You should be able to do 4-5 shifts in two minutes, giving you up to 125 Energy (almost enough for 3 extra Shreds). Powershifting DPS gain can be up to 80 DPS depending on players gear and how well executed.
The following macro will shift you out of form and back:
/cast !Cat Form
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility / Elixir of Mastery and Elixir of Major Fortitude
- Potion: Haste Potion
- Food: Warp Burger, Grilled Mudfish (or Roasted Clefthoof and Spicy Hot Talbuk)
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
- Weapon buff: Adamantite Weightstone
Hit (9%) – Agility – Strength – Crit & Attack Power – Haste & Armor Penetration