Category: Shaman Guides
Welcome to the Elemental Shaman guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing an Elemental Shaman in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
This is the standard build for Elemental Shaman combined with Restoration talents. Elemental Precision combined with Nature’s Guidance and Totem of Wrath gives us 12% of Spell Hit which allows focussing on other stats while gearing and choosing gems.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
- Red: Potent Pyrestone or Runed Crimson Spinel
- Yellow: Potent Pyrestone
- Blue: Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst (use Red / Yellow if socket bonus is not worth it)
- Head – Glyph of Power
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Orb or Greater Inscription of Discipline
- Cloak – Spell Penetration
- Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Spellpower
- Gloves – Major Spellpower or Blasting
- Legs – Runic Spellthread
- Boots – Vitality or Boar’s Speed
- Weapon – Major Spellpower
- Shield – Intellect
Enchanters can also benefit from Spellpower on both of the Rings
Leatherworking lets you craft gear throughout your progression, with noticeable pre-raid gear like the Netherstrike set. Drums of Battle will also help out the group.
Enchanting provides unique ring enchants for an extra 24 spell power combined and the ability to enchant armor.
Jewelcrafting is generally a choice to make extra gold and better gems early on. Trinket may be useful when gearing up a fresh level 70 shaman, but they will be replaced fast enough.
Gameplay & Rotations
Simply spamming Lightning Bolt is a mana efficient way to DPS in longer encounters.
3 Lightning Bolt + 1 Chain Lightning is the best DPS rotation. 10% Haste will allow you to fit in 4 Lightning Bolts before the Chain Lightning is up. The difference in this rotation is that you use Chain Lightning immediately after it’s off cooldown. No time should be wasted waiting.
- Flask: Flask of Blinding Light
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Haste Potion, Destruction Potion
- Food: Blackened Basilisk or Crunchy Serpent
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle
- Superior Wizard Oil
Hit – Spell Crit – Spell Power – Haste – Other Stats
12 out of 16% of Hit is received from Talents, leaving 4% (51 rating) to be acquired from gear. Draenei require only 3% (38 rating).
The optimal amount of Spell Crit is 20-30% unbuffed (talents excluded), after that – focus on other stats.
Haste is a tricky stat for Elemental Shaman. Ideally, you want to have 10% to fit in 4 Lightning Bolts in a Chain Lightning cooldown. Anything over this amount would be wasted.