Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Demonology Warlock guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Demonology Warlock in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Before we start discussing the builds, it’s worth saying that even though Demonology is less gear dependant that Destruction, it still requires some items. Namely, 2T5 set bonus: Robe of the Corruptor and ideally a Void Star Talisman. Without the 2T5 bonus, your demon will require healing which will increase the workload on your healers. Not to mention that you will have to maintain your pet at all times, which can only make things harder for an inexperienced player.
Affliction is even less gear dependent and should be considered as an option if you’re having problems starting out with Demonology.
Below is a standard Demonology build. The demon of choice is obviously Felguard and here we have more powerful destruction spells to help our raid: a combination of Improved Shadow Bolt and Devastation to maintain the debuff.
Below is another version of the build with Felguard. This build sacrifices Devastation to reduce casting time on Corruption (which makes space for another Shadow Bolt) and Improved Life Tap. This build should help players with mana issues.
In the last build, we see some trade-offs being made for increased personal damage via Ruin. Your pet of choice is now Succubus, which is squishier and therefore harder to maintain in a fight. This is a build for players with good gear (with high crit chance) who know how to keep their pet alive.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
- Red: Runed Living Ruby
- Yellow: Veiled Noble Topaz, Great Dawnstone if Hit is required
- Blue: Glowing Nightseye to activate the Meta Gem
- Head – Glyph of Power
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Orb or Greater Inscription of Discipline
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak – Subtlety
- Chest – Enchant Chest – Exceptional Health or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Enchant Bracer – Spellpower
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves – Major Spellpower
- Legs – Runic Spellthread or Mystic Spellthread
- Boots – Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapon – Enchant Weapon – Soulfrost with Enchant Weapon – Major Spellpower as a cheaper alternative while starting out
Enchanters can also benefit from Enchant Ring – Spellpower on both of the Rings
Tailoring is great for gearing up your new warlock. Look into crafting Shadoweave and Spellstrike sets as they would be with you until T4-T5 items. This option is great for fresh level 70 warlocks looking to improve their gear asap.
Jewelcrafting would give you earlier access to epic gems, but you can unlock them without the profession later on. Note: epic gems bonus does not require the profession, so you can drop it after using the gems on BiS gear.
As mentioned in the Enchants section, Enchanting grants you a unique ring enchant – Enchant Ring – Spellpower. You can use it on BiS rings and then drop the profession while keeping the bonus. Other than that – the ability to do your own armor & weapon enchants.
Gameplay & Rotations
Use Life Tap when needed, preferably while moving since you can’t cast your other spells at that time.
Your summoned pet plays an important role in your gameplay and significantly increases your damage output. Keeping your demon alive can be a hard task in certain fights.
Treat the demon as a melee DPS player.
- Demon should be placed behind the boss to attack, as parries from your demon trigger attack reset on the boss, which will increase damage on your Main Tank.
- Ask for buffs on your demon, as it will increase its damage, survivability, and partly increase your damage also through talents like Demonic Knowledge.
- Keep your demon out of AoE damage.
- Low health demons can be dismissed and instantly re-summoned with the help of Fel Domination. The re-summoned demon will have full HP and all of the buffs.
Macro: /run PetAbandon()
- Elixir: Flask of Pure Death
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Destruction Potion
- Food: Blackened Basilisk, Crunchy Serpent, Poached Bluefish
- Oil: Brilliant Wizard Oil and Superior Wizard Oil
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle and Drums of War
Cap: 202 Spell Hit rating
Prioritization: Spell Hit and Spell Power – Spell Haste – Spell Crit – Stamina – Intellect