Category: Rogue Guides
Welcome to the Combat Rogue guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Combat Rogue in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
The first build should be used with Swords as main and off-hand weapons. Ideally, you should have a slower main-hand sword (2.5-2.8) with a faster off-hand due to Combat Potency and Sword Specialization.
Similar build, but with a fist as main-hand weapon with same requirements applied – slower MH with a faster OH sword.
Another build, but with a MH dagger and OH sword. You should be looking for a dagger with a speed range of 1.7-1.9. Your rotation also changes with this build, as Backstab is now usable. At certain stages of progression, it is hard to find a decent dagger to use, so this build is situational. Most of the time sword/sword would be better.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Glinting Pyrestone or Glinting Noble Topaz
- Yellow: Rigid Lionseye or Rigid Dawnstone
- Blue: x2 Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst or Shifting Nightseye to activate the Meta Gem
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity
- Shoulder – Might of the Scourge, Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Assault
- Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Cat’s Swiftness or Dexterity
- Main-Hand – Mongoose
- Off-Hand – Mongoose
Engineering provides a list of useful items during your progression, like Deathblow X11 Goggles and Quad Deathblow X44 Goggles which are present in T6 BiS (there are better items though). Goblin Jumper Cables XL will come in handy.
Blacksmithing may be hard to level, but the Swordsmith specialization provides weapons that are present in T6 BiS lists, so it’s a thing to consider.
Gameplay & Rotations
Open up with Garrote. Maintain Slice and Dice buff at all time and Rupture on the target. Eviscerate if there are extra combo points to do so. Sinister strike is your main skill to get combo points (Backstab, if you’re using a dagger). Shiv can be used to re-apply Deadly Poison. It’s worth using Shiv if the stack of poison is about to end on the target.
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility, Elixir of Demonslaying
- Potion: Haste Potion
- Healthstones: Thistle Tea, Flame Cap
- Food: Warp Burger, Spicy Hot Talbuk,
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
Expertise – Agility & Hit – Haste – Crit – Armor Penetration
With 5/5 Precision, you will need an additional 4% of Hit (64 rating) to reach soft cap, where special attacks always hit.
With 2/2 Weapon Expertise, you will need an additional 64 expertise rating to reach soft cap, or 44 expertise rating if you are playing a Human with swords or maces.