Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Welcome to the Beast Mastery Hunter guide for World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade 2.4.3. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Beast Mastery Hunter in dungeons and raids. The guide includes Talents, Gems, Enchantments, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Below build has a few talents that could be changed due to personal preference while remaining effective. We choose Efficiency because Marksmanship or Survival Hunters pick Improved Hunter’s Mark. You can change these talents depending on how many Hunters you have in the raid.
- Meta: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Delicate Crimson Spinel or Bright Crimson Spinel as an alternative
- Yellow: Smooth Lionseye or Rigid Lionseye
- Blue: Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst or Infused Shadowsong Amethyst
- Head – Glyph of Ferocity
- Shoulder – Might of the Scourge, Greater Inscription of the Blade or Greater Inscription of Vengeance
- Cloak – Greater Agility
- Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers – Assault
- Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs – Nethercobra Leg Armor
- Boots – Dexterity
- Weapon – Major Agility
- Ranged – Stabilized Eternium Scope
Enchanters can also benefit from Stats on both of the Rings
Engineering is another good option which provides Guns, Ammo, Scopes, and Goggles
Combining Engineering and Leatherworking is probably the best choice, assuming you have an alt or gold for the mats.
Gathering professions don’t work so well with Hunters due to their other tracking abilities.
Other options would be:
- Jewelcrafting for easier access to better gems and some starter trinkets. A better choice if you want to make gold.
- Alchemy to make the consumables and transmutes.
- Enchanting to make armor enchants and unique ring enchant.
Gameplay & Rotations
Maintain Hunter’s Mark on target. The rotation consists out of Steady Shot, auto-attacks and Kill Command with buffs like Rapid Fire and Bestial Wrath. Also, you can maintain a Scorpid Sting on the target (other are buffed by Marksmanship’s Improved Stings) Rotation can be managed by the following macro:
#showtooltip Steady Shot
/castsequence reset=3 Steady Shot, Auto Shot
/castrandom [exists,target=pettarget] Kill Command
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
- Flask: Flask of Relentless Assault
- Elixir: Elixir of Major Agility & Elixir of Major Mageblood (better combo than Flask, but doesn’t persist after death)
- Potion: Super Mana Potion & Super Healing Potion
- Oil: Superior Mana Oil
- Food: Warp Burger, Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Pet food: Kibler’s Bits
- Drums (LW): Drums of Battle, Drums of War
Hit (9%) – Agility – Attack Power – Crit – Intellect & MP/5 – Stamina
Best pets for raiding in terms of DPS are Cats, Ravagers, and Scorpids. Your pet will require the following skills:
- Active: Bite, Claw, Gore, Scorpid Poison (depending on which pet you choose)
- Passive: Avoidance, Cobra Reflexes, Great Stamina