Game: The Burning Crusade
Content Type: Gaming Guides
Jewelcrafting is WoW’s newest profession. Added by Blizzard in this expansion, it involves cutting gems in order to put them into gear or using them to craft rings, necklaces, and trinkets. To find these gems, Jewelcrafters use their main skill, Prospecting, on any gathered ore, destroying it in the process. Once you cap, you’ll be able to craft powerful designs like Relentless Earthstorm Diamond, Figuring – Living Ruby Serpent, or The Natural Ward.
Because of all the ore needed to create bars and find gems, Mining is the most complementary gathering profession a Jewelcrafter can choose. If you don’t, just know that splitting materials with Blacksmithing and Engineering can potentially raise the cost of metal bars on your server. And finally, Jewelcrafting is suitable for all classes and races, given its potential to buff players of all builds.
Unlike most professions in WoW, there in only a limited number of trainers that teach Apprentice through Artisan Jewelcrafting, The Alliance’s only options are Farii in the Exodar and Hanner Gembold in Ironforge. The Horde can learn from Kalinda in Silvermoon City, Aleinia in Eversong Woods just outside the city, or Nahari Cloudchaser in Thunder Bluff.
Once you reach Outland to train Master Jewelcrafting, it becomes similar to other professions. Your Master trainers will be in your faction’s first questing area, so Alliance will go to Tatiana in Honor Hold and Horde should find Kalaen in Thrallmar.
There are a decent number of neutral trainers available as well. In Shattrath, there are Nemiha and Hamanar of the Aldor as well as Kirembri Silvermane of the Scryers. In Netherstorm, everyone can also find Jazdalaad of the Consortium at the Stormspire.
- 40x Copper Bar
- 80x Rough Stone
- 20x Tigerseye
- 80x Bronze Bar
- 50x Silver Bar
- 80x Heavy Stone
- 30x Moss Agate
- 100x Mithril Bar
- 60x Truesilver Bar
- 10x Citrine
- 20x Elemental Water
- 45x Aquamarine
- 60x Flask of Mojo
- 50x Thorium Bar
- 5x Star Ruby
- 20x Heart of the Wild
- 10x Large Opal
- 40x Blue Sapphire
- 5x Azerothian Diamond
- 20x Huge Emerald
- 30x Any Green Gem (Blood Garnet/Flame Spessarite/Deep Peridot/Shadow Draenite/Golden Draenite/Azure Moonstone)
- 10x Fel Iron Bar
- 15x Blood Garnet (Additional)
- 10x Azure Moonstone (Additional)
- 5x Deep Peridot (Additional)
- 139x – 159x* Adamantite Powder
- 35x – 40x* Primal Earth
- 15x Adamantite Bar
- 10x Any Blue Gem (Noble Topaz/Star of Elune/Talasite/Living Ruby/Dawnstone/Nightseye)
- 20x Eternium Bar
- 40x Primal Mana
- 40x – 50x* Felsteel Bar
- 20x* Khorium Bar
- 10x Golden Draenite (Additional)
* = Optional, depending on recipes chosen
1 – 20: Delicate Copper Wire
- Turn Copper Bar into Delicate Copper Wire.
20 – 30: Rough Stone Statue
- Convert Rough Stone into Rough Stone Statue.
30 – 50: Tigerseye Band
Once you’ve finished crafting your first pieces of jewelry, it’s time to become a Journeyman Jewelcrafter.
50 – 75: Bronze Setting
- Turn Bronze Bar into Bronze Setting.
75 – 80: Solid Bronze Ring
- Convert Bronze Bar into Solid Bronze Ring.
80 – 90: Elegant Silver Ring
- Use Silver Bar to make Elegant Silver Ring.
90 – 110: Ring of Silver Might
- Turn Silver Bar into Ring of Silver Might.
110 – 120: Heavy Stone Statue
- Convert Heavy Stone into Heavy Stone Statue.
Before continuing, you’ll need to purchase Design: Pendant of the Agate Shield. Alliance players can do so from Neal Allen in Menethil Harbor, Wetlands, and the Horde can buy it from Jandia at Freewind Post in Thousand Needles. It will make the next stretch before 150 significantly easier.
120 – 150: Pendant of the Agate Shield
After you’ve completed the Pendants, return to your trainer and become an Expert.
150 – 180: Mithril Filigree
- Convert Mithril Bar into Mithril Filigree.
180 – 200: Engraved Truesilver Ring
200 – 210: Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing
210 – 225: Aquamarine Signet
Upon reaching 225, you should head to the nearest trainer and learn Artisan Jewelcrafting.
225 – 250: Thorium Setting
- Convert Thorium Bar into Thorium Setting.
250 – 255: Red Ring of Destruction
255 – 265: Truesilver Healing Ring
265 – 275: Simple Opal Ring
275 – 285: Sapphire Signet
285 – 290: Diamond Focus Ring
290 – 300: Emerald Lion Ring
After you’ve finished crafting the rings, it’s time to cross through the Dark Portal and become a Master Jewelcrafter.
300 – 310: Any Orange/Yellow Gem Patterns
- Blood Garnet: Teardrop Blood Garnet, Bold Blood Garnet and Bright Blood Garnet
- Flame Spessarite: Inscribed Flame Spessarite and Luminous Flame Spessarite
- Deep Peridot: Radiant Deep Peridot and Jagged Deep Peridot
- Shadow Draenite: Glowing Shadow Draenite and Royal Shadow Draenite
- Golden Draenite: Brilliant Golden Draenite and Gleaming Golden Draenite
- Azure Moonstone: Solid Azure Moonstone and Sparkling Azure Moonstone
310 315: Fel Iron Blood Ring
315 – 320: Any Orange/Yellow Gem Pattern
- Blood Garnet: Runed Blood Garnet
- Design: Runed Blood Garnet requires: Friendly, The Scryers
- Flame Spessarite: Glinting Flame Spessarite
- Design: Glinting Flame Spessarite sold by master trainers
- Deep Peridot: Enduring Deep Peridot
- Design: Enduring Deep Peridot requires: Friendly, Hellfire Peninsula Faction
- Shadow Draenite: Shifting Shadow Draenite
- Design: Shifting Shadow Draenite requires: Friendly, The Consortium
- Golden Draenite: Thick Golden Draenite
- Design: Thick Golden Draenite requires: Honored, The Consortium
- Azure Moonstone: Stormy Azure Moonstone
- Design: Stormy Azure Moonstone – Rare world drop
320 – 325: Azure Moonstone Ring
325 – 335: Mercurial Adamantite (x15)
335 – 350: Heavy Adamantite Ring
350 – 355: Any Yellow/Orange Gem Pattern
The easiest way to get from 355 to 360 involves one of two world drops. You can either farm for Design: Living Ruby Pendant or Design: Thick Felsteel Necklace from mobs in a number of TBC Dungeons and Raids, or you can search for them from the AH. Of the two, the Felsteel Necklace is preferable, but both of them will work.
355 – 360: Thick Felsteel Necklace
355 – 360: Living Ruby Pendant
360 – 365: Ring of Arcade Shielding
Like the period from 355 – 360, the levels between 365 and 370 are most easily completed with World Drop recipes. The most commonly available and economical to make is Design: Embrace of the Dawn, but any Design that requires 365 Jewelcrafting will do the trick.
Getting from 370 to 375 will also require you to reach Revered reputation with Lower City, so this is an opportune time to reach that, if you have not already. Once you do, you’ll need to purchase Design: Felsteel Boar. If you don’t want to grind that out, you can also purchase Design: Talasite Owl at Revered with the Sha’tar or Design: Dawnstone Crab at Revered with your Hellfire Peninsula faction.
365 – 370: Embrace of the Dawn
370 – 375: Figurine – Felsteel Boar
At higher levels in Jewelcrafting, the trainers throughout Outland can only teach you so many designs. Once you reach a certain point, you will need to begin relying on other sources to learn. The first source is TBC factions, who will sell more recipes than almost any other profession as rewards for reaching certain reputation levels. The second is drops from Dungeons, Raids, or specific mobs. These are much harder to farm and often require a high degree of luck to receive. Check below for comprehensive lists of both types.
- The Scale of the Sands (Indormi in Battle for Mount Hyjal)
- Design: Bold Crimson Spinel, Design: Bright Crimson Spinel, Design: Delicate Crimson Spinel, Design: Runed Crimson Spinel, Design: Subtle Crimson Spinel, Design: Teardrop Crimson Spinel, Design: Brilliant Lionseye, Design: Gleaming Lionseye, Design: Smooth Lionseye, Design: Thick Lionseye, Design: Lustrous Empyrean Sapphire, Design: Solid Empyrean Sapphire, Design: Sparkling Empyrean Sapphire
- Design: Dazzling Seaspray Emerald, Design: Forceful Seaspray Emerald, Design: Jagged Seaspray Emerald, Design: Radiant Seaspray Emerald, Design: Steady Seaspray Emerald, Design: Glinting Pyrestone, Design: Luminous Pyrestone, Design: Potent Pyrestone, Design: Reckless Pyrestone, Design: Balanced Shadowsong Amethyst, Design: Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst, Design: Infused Shadowsong Amethyst, Design: Quick Lionseye
- Shattered Sun Offensive (Sold by Shaani on the Isle of Quel’Danas
- Design: Forceful Seaspray Emerald, Design: Steady Seaspray Emerald, Design: Quick Lionseye, Design: Reckless Pyrestone, Design: Ember Skyfire Diamond, Design: Eternal Earthstorm Diamond, Design: Regal Nightseye, Design: Figurine – Crimson Serpent, Design: Figurine – Empyrean Tortoise, Design: Figurine – Khorium Boar, Design: Figurine – Seaspray Albatross, Design: Figurine – Shadowsong Panther
- The Consortium (Either Paulsta’ats in Terokkar Forest, just south of the lake by Sunspring Post or by Karaaz at the Stormspire in the Netherstorm)
- The Keepers of Time (Alurmi in the Caverns of Time in Tanaris)
- Cenarion Expedition (Feydryen Swiftspear at Cenarion Hold in Zangarmarsh)
- Sha’tar (Almaador in the Terrace of Light in Shattrath)
- Hellfire Peninsula faction (Either Quartermaster Urgronn or Logistics Officer Ulrike)
- Lower City
BoP/BoE (Rare drops from multiple dungeons/raids, unless otherwise stated):
- Rare zone drop (<1%) from mobs in Sunwell Plateau and are contained in Cache of the Shattered Sun
- Other World Drops