Content Type: Gaming News
Date: November 10, 2019
Alterego games, in conjunction with Stickylock have recently announced that their newest title, Woven is to due for release on 15th November, on all major consoles (PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch) and PC Steam.
Woven is game about Glitch a robotic firefly and his companion, Stuffy a stuffed toy elephant as they explore an apparently safe knitted world filled with stuffed animals. All is not as it seems however, as a dark mechanical menace threatens the peace of the woolen world. The duo must work together to unravel the mystery of Glitch’s origin and discover things both amazing and terrifying, that binds the fate of the unlikely pair.
How is this done, by customising Stuffy. As a knitted creation, he can be customised with a large variety of knitted parts that will help him overcame any and all obstacles in his way. It is this customisation, where they majority of the gameplay springs from. You can find new blueprints by scanning the other animals and then reknitting the new parts, depending on the situation. Elephant legs are strong, but useless in regards to jumping over obstacles. A Rabbit’s leg’s however…
“To know that Woven will soon be springing to life on everyone’s screen is very exciting. The team and I have worked for years to create something unique, yet appealing, that invites players to explore and question the world we’ve created. It is an incredible milestone on our studio’s journey to create more colourful and engaging games”. – Vincent da Silva Creative Director
- A fantastically grumpy storyteller tells a deep and rich story in rhymes.
- An epic bed-time story for everyone that’s still in touch with their inner child.
- A casual, but challenging and rewarding title for those that want to discover it all.
- Character-customisation is key to solving puzzles.
- A dynamic soundtrack making the world of Woven come alive, by composer Vortigon.
- Colourful, beautiful, and very detailed 3D world, with a dark and ominous past.
- Discover the world, the mystery at your own pace.
- Detailed and adorable cute creatures, all in fear for their lives.
- Deep Fabric Customisation
Woven is coming to PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC on November 15th, at €19.99 / $19.99 / £19.99.