Content Type: Gaming News
Date: March 29, 2019
If you’re as old as I am then you may remember back in 2004 a vampire-based roleplaying game called Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines. Well, if you were a fan of that game, then you’re going to love the fact that Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs are releasing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 across PC and consoles in 2020. Take a look at this trailer…
Bloodlines 2 is the follow up to the original (rather obviously, I suppose) and it includes storytelling that adapts to your choices, fast paced combat, and a wide variety of mysterious characters each with their own motives and agendas. You’ll create your power, choose their traits and stalk the city looking for prey, as you use diplomacy, fear and seduction to advance complex relationships. At all times balancing your bloodthirst against your diminishing humanity.
Your resurrection as a vampire, ignites a blood war amongst all the vampire factions running Seattle. The only way you’re going to survive is to join forces with one of the factions, obeying The Masquerade at all times, show your true face too often and the consequences can be dire.
Brian Mitsoda, one of the very creative guys behind the original returns as Lead Narrative Designer for Bloodlines 2. “When Paradox announced they were acquiring the World of Darkness IP, I immediately started thinking about what it would be like to return to Vampire: The Masquerade,” Mitsoda said. “Our aim has been to carry on the signature themes that made Bloodlines unique – particularly its dark tone, atmosphere, and humor – and I think that fans of the original will love what we’re doing with Bloodlines 2.”
“Fans of the original Bloodlines have been hungry for a sequel for a long time, and we began to hear those suggestions — well, demands — as soon as we began to work with the World of Darkness,” said Ebba Ljungerud, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “We all understood what this opportunity could mean, but it was essential for both us and for Hardsuit Labs that any sequel should be done properly; a true successor guided by the people who knew what made the original so special. Keeping this game a secret for the last few years has been quite the Masquerade for us! It’s both exciting and relieving to finally let everybody know what we have in store for them.”
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Features
- Grow in power as the ultimate in vampire, use your unique disciplines and fast-based melee combat in a vampire filled city that reacts to your playstyle and choices. Though, you must uphold the Masquerade and maintain your humanity at all times or face the consequences.
- Seattle’s Dark underbelly has been reimagined faithfully. As you hunt your prey
- in the dark streets and alleyways, you’ll meet the old blood founders, and the newer blood redefining the city. Though, many may appear to have noble ideals, everyone has hidden agendas so you must choose your allies carefully.
- Choose one of the many factions, each with their own traits and stories. Though remember the world will judge you by the company you keep and no one remains blameless for ever.
- Experience the story written by the original creator of Bloodlines, that brings back some popular fan favourites.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is due for release in 2020 across PC and consoles. Pre-orders for Bloodlines 2 are now available on Steam, the Epic Games Store, GOG, and the Paradox Store for $59.99. A “Blood Moon Edition,” which contains the “Season of the Wolf” season pass and includes additional story content to be released after launch, is also available for pre-order at $89.99. Pre-orders, along with additional information about the game, are available here: www.bloodlines2.com