Content Type: Gaming News
Date: August 23, 2019
Intro In a little under a week’s time, the follow-up to Devespresso’s indie cult classic, The Coma: Recrut, otherwise known as Vambrace: Cold Soul is to be released worldwide on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch. With a rich narrative and deep strategy, Vambrace has gained a very positive steam rating for the earlier PC release.
In Vambrace: Cold Soul you take on the role of Evelia Lyric, as you recruit and equip your party, set off on expeditions to the surface, filled with powerful enemies and deadly traps to fulfil your objectives. Objectives that will test your fine leadership qualities, and the strength and strategy of your party.
The focus on storyline represents a distinct change from Devespresso’s earlier games, taking influence from the minds of Minho Kim and T.L. Riven to weave a gothic horror story, while the mechanics such as multi-class party building and roguelike expeditions provide a solid gameplay experience behind the story.
Since its release to the PC a little while ago, Devespresso listened to all the feedback from the PC release, and implemented a massive number of tweaks and changes. All of which will be incorporated into the console versions. Changes such as…
- Rebalanced enemy encounters, chapter flow, and boss encounters.
- Additional character skill upgrades with items.
- Additional character skills options in combat.
- More monster types to deepen the game’s combat strategy.
- Reworked UI that displays hireling stats and skills.
- New items and relics.
- 3 grades of Bullion Chips which can be sold for gold.
- A fast-forward option during combat and trap encounters.
- The addition of Shelters between Neighborhoods for reliable spots to heal your team.
- The ability to equip and unequip items on the field.
- Adjustable difficulty levels.
- A basic New Game + option.
- Several bug fixes and text updates.
Vambrace: Cold Souls is already available for Steam PC, and will soon be released worldwide on Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch on August 29th for around £19.99 / $24.99.