Content Type: Gaming News
Date: May 6, 2018
We took a look at Starpoint Gemini Warlords a few months ago and gave it a rather impressive 79%. They have just released update 2.0 that brings in several new factions, a complete redesign of the Diplomacy feature as well as a review of the graphics engine.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0 features include:
- Diplomacy overhaul
- AI faction (both friendly and neutral) multiple scenario reaction on player infrastructure development (war declaration, resource support, war threats, peace pleads)
- AI faction (both friendly and neutral) multiple scenario reaction on player research progress (war declaration, resource support, war threats, peace pleads)
- AI faction self-triggered interaction
- AI faction alliance requests/Factions want you to attack other factions
- Engine optimization
- GPU related crash issues fixed
- Minor memory leak issues fixed
- Script system performance drain issue optimized
- Several mod issues fixed
- Improved mod related issues event logging
- I. Factions will attack player on Declaration of War
- Linking/Hacking satellites will trigger faction reactions
“Starpoint Gemini Warlords is a great game on its own, although players always wanted to have more abilities and more options when it comes to diplomacy with the other factions. That is why we wanted to do a complete diplomacy overhaul for the game, from the ground up. Of course, this isn’t something that happens overnight. Diplomacy overhaul was a lengthy process. We had to break things apart, put a lot of updates and fixes in the middle, and put them back together to make everything work as intended,” said Nikola Jukic, Lead Script and Project Manager for Starpoint Gemini Warlords 2.0 Update.
Zeljko Kos LGM CTO says “We have a large part of current players who adore the game, and on the other hand, new players who are fighting with the basics in Starpoint Gemini Warlords. Current players already know how to approach the game, and what to do in it. But we wanted to change how the game fundamentally feels for the new players. There is a lot of new hints and guides which tell you where to go, what this and that means on the user interface, what these icons on the Starchart are, what to do next, etc. The game now feels a lot more user-friendly, in a way you can simply pick it up and play,”
The update is free to all owners of the game, and if you’re still not a player you can get 25% off the entire bundle on Steam.
We’ll bring you more information on Starpoint Gemini Warlords when we have it.