Content Type: Gaming News
Date: September 5, 2019
Hot on the heels of the previous expansion for 4X Strategy game Oriental Empires, Genghis, Iceberg interactive and Shining Pixel Studios have released their latest DLC known as Oriental Empires: Three Kingdoms on to Steam and GoG.
The period in which Three Kingdoms is set is one of the most exciting in Chinese history, this is in part due to its depiction in the famous novel “Romance of the Three Kingdoms”. During this time, the Han Dynasty was coming to an end, and the entire empire was in chaos. A ‘mere’ child was in charge, bandits and criminals were rife throughout the countryside and a tyrant was in control of the courts.
Although through all this chaos and uncertainty, there was pure opportunity. There was a chance that the lowly could be become powerful, the poor could become rich and the feared could become revered. In Three Kingdoms it’s your role as a Warlord to bring the land together, and forge a powerful new dynasty.
Three Kingdoms DLC Features
- Choose from any of 26 factions on a new campaign map that stretches from Vietnam to the northern borders of China.
- Play as one of the founders of the Three Kingdoms; the tyrant Dong Zhuo; one of many major or minor warlords, or exploit the chaos as a barbarian or bandit.
- Unique portraits and in-game models of more than a dozen major figures.
- More than 300 named historical characters.
- Scripted events introduce new characters and depict important events from history and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel.
- New unit models depict the soldiers of the Three Kingdoms era, as well as the Nanman and Qiang barbarians.