Content Type: Gaming News
Date: August 29, 2019
If you’re waiting for more news on the release of The Ninja Saviours – Return of the Warriors, then you’ll be pleased to know that ININ games have not only given us a new extra-large trailer, but have dropped the release dates for PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
The anticipated sequel to the arcade hit, is being released for PS4 and Nintendo Switch in a few days on August 30th for Europe, though fans across the pond will have to wait until October 15th for the US release. The original plan for a dual release has had to be changed due to logistical issues, that couldn’t be solved in time. ININ are very apologetic over the delay, but in order to provide some form of compensation the physical release is going to contain some extra items, which we’ll hopefully reveal to you later.
That’s not it either, the game is going to be released completely uncut in both Europe and the US, which includes the option to change the hit effects to be a more brutal red, includes more enemies not included in the Western SNEWS version. You can find out the features and characters in in the extra-long trailer here.
The side-scrolling brawler has been completely revised, and includes two new additions to the roster, complete with new attacks and special moves; Yaksha, a small android with telescopic arms and Raiden, a massive android weighing over 31 tons.
Here are the five android ninjas that will join the battle:
- Height: 155cm
- Weight: 50 kg / 110.2 lbs
- Tech Type: A small woman-shaped android designed for espionage missions. Makes full use of the expandable flexible arms to perform unpredictable attacks.
- Height: 400cm
- Weight: 32000 kg / 70547.9 lbs
- Heavy-weighted Type: A huge battle android. It can transform into two modes; human-shaped Crusher Mode or Blaster Mode with flying capabilities. Its giant 4m high body is the source of its absolute strongest power.
- Height: 170cm
- Weight: 65 kg / 143.3 lbs
- Balance Type: A woman-shaped android. Agile and specialized in aerial combat. Slashes down enemies with double Kunai knives and the Katana blade on its back.
- Height: 210cm
- Weight: 700 kg / 1543.2 lbs
- Power Type: A giant-scaled android. Slow, but its power compensates for that. Its special abilities are attacks with steel Nunchuks and grabbing throws.
- Height: 185cm
- Weight: 100 kg / 220.5 lbs
- Speed Type: Excellent in speed, and its strength are attacks that use agility. Swings around with the blades built into its arms and cuts down enemies who approach it.
Armed to the teeth with powerful blades, all five of the ninja’s have to fight through wave after wave of enemies, across eight levels, and take on powerful bosses such as Banglar. You don’t have to do this alone though, a friend can join you and together you can slice, punch and kick through a wonderful 90’s reminiscent scroller beat-em-up.
Anyone pre-ordering a physical copy of Ninja Saviors – Return of the Warriors will also receive a Ninja Saviors keychain with a throwing knife look. In addition to the poster and sticker set, a manual will also be included, just like back in the 1990s. More information on pre-orders can be found here http://ninjasaviors.inin.games/.
The Ninja Saviors – Return of the Warriors is being released on PS4 and Nintendo Switch on 30th August in Europe and the US on October 15th.