Content Type: Gaming News
Date: November 17, 2019
Justin Wack and the Big Time Hack is a new Point ‘n’ Click adventure developed by Warm Kitten, with a brand-new Kickstarter, and they need your help. Justin Wack is a game that harks back to its classic retro point and click adventure roots of Monkey Island, Manic Mansion and Broken Sword.
Justin Wack and the Big Time Hack’ is a story about people being out of their element, about falling in and out of love and of course aggressively particular time agents trying to find unauthorised time travellers. The story starts with our titular hero Justin Wack, generally bumming around at work, pining over his ex-girlfriend Julie when a green wibbly-wobbly portal appears in front of him. Justin Steps through this portal, and a caveman from a much earlier time steps through as well. This unprecedented time-swap catches the attention of some time agents from the future.
This leaves our characters out of place…
- Justin Wants to get back to his own time, and get back with his girlfriend Julia
- Julie, although moved on with her life, she finds the new hipster about town very attractive
- Kloot, the out of time Caveman, is lapping up everything modern times has to offer, but a part of him longs for something simpler.
- Classic 2D style artwork and animation
- Three playable characters
- Tons of handcrafted characters and background animations
- Retro puzzling at its best
- An inventory system that will never block the gameplay
- Tons of voice acting and custom-made sound effects
- Tons of custom-made music to provide that warm cozy feeling
Justin Wack and the Big Time Hack is fully voice acted in English but they’re hoping to expand with more languages. They’re hoping for a Steam PC and Mac release in 2020, but funding willing would love to do a Nintendo Switch and Mobile version as well. For more information head over to the official Justin Wack and The Big Time Hack Kickstarter page.