Content Type: Gaming News
Date: August 22, 2019
The developers behind the upcoming PC VR game Journey For Elysium, Mantis Games have released the third in their development diaries, this time it delves into the artwork itself. If want a bit of a refresher on Journey to Elysium take a look at the trailer.
The Journey For Elysium Dev Diary #3 – Art
The latest entry in the Dev diaries focuses on the artwork within Journey For Elysium, including the animation and visual design of the game. Mantis Games have taken their artistic inspiration from a number of sources, including the architecture and style of the ancient Greeks through to Gustave Doré.
For those wanting to know even more about the art of Journey For Elysium there is a companion article published on the Mantis Games website to accompany this video, which can be viewed here (https://mantis.games/journey-for-elysium-dev-diary-chapter-3-art-25)
Journey to Elysium Features
- Breath-taking puzzles inspired by the classic adventure games of the ‘90’s. Solving the increasingly difficult puzzles moves the story forward.
- Explore a rich world that walks the line between history and myth. Investigate stunning locations, and use your VR senses to connect with the world like never before.
- Row the boat across the river Styx, the most important way to travel in the game. Comfortable and immersive.
- Two modes of rowing. When you are not rowing, you can experience two different ways of moving around thanks to the Comfort or Immersive modes.
- Stylistic black and white visuals inspired by Gustave Doré, with use of golden light to guide you on your way.
Journey For Elysium will be released in Q4 2019 and will be available on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1036260/Journey_For_Elysium for the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift VR systems.