Content Type: Gaming News
Date: October 7, 2018
A couple of weeks ago we brought your attention to a new rogue twin-stick shooter called HyperParasite developed by Indie Studio Troglobytes Games. Not only is there a pre-Alpha release on Steam and itch.io, but they’re also starting their Kickstarter campaign next week, on October 10th.
Set in the 80’s, HyperParasite is a fast-paced action twin-stick shooter, with an onscreen cast of over 60 different controllable classes, each with different skills and attributes. It’s a brawling extravaganza, laced with sly humour. Don’t worry about looking for weapons, control the people themselves to cause havoc.
They’re head first into development and still going for a 2019 release so the additional $29k of Kickstarter funds is to accelerate the development of the game, and to aid the porting of Hyper Parasite to consoles.
“After what seems like an eternity of a 1980s fuelled development loop, we’re finally ready to show the world HyperParasite! We have just unlocked the Pre-Alpha of HyperParasite on Steam and Itch.io. It’s available now for everyone to play, enjoy and give us feedback on – and if you love it, you can pledge on our Kickstarter campaign!”,said Saverio Caporusso, CEO of Troglobytes Games. “We hope that everyone enjoys it and look forward to hearing your comments on our Discord channel!”
HyperParasite Game Features
- A fresh twist on the genre: hop from one host body to another
- 60 Playable Characters to Body-Snatch and utilise their attributes
- Unique retro 3D-pixelated visual style
- Original retro inspired synth-wave soundtrack
- A variety of different enemies and weapons including Cops with guns, Werewolves with claws, Robots and lasers, aliens and so much more
- Procedurally generated levels that will play differently each time, challenging even the most seasoned of players
- An intense and frantic co-op mode: can the humans handle TWO HyperParasites?
If you want to take a look at the Pre-Alpha build head over to the Steam or itch.io page, or go straight to their Kickstarter page, and donate something. Stay local for more HyperParasite info when we have it, right here at TheZombieChimp.