Content Type: Gaming News
Date: November 25, 2018
Spain’s Age of Glory is the inspiration for the latest immersion pack, Golden Century, for the Europe Universalis IV, the empire building and trade strategy game developed by Paradox Plaza soon to be released on December 11th for the PC.
Whether it’s the defeat of the Spanish Armada or the completion of the Reconquita, the Iberian Peninsula was the effective centre of Europe. Vast shipped transporting huge hordes of gold from the Caribbean were preyed upon by privateers, while the Catholic church combined with great Spanish monarchs ruled the people and religious freedoms. Golden Century takes the player back to that age of exploration and adventure.
Features of Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century include:
- Minority Expulsion: Settle your distant colonies with homeland minorities, promoting greater cohesion at home, while adding more diversity to your subject nations.
- Establish Orders: Iberian nations can appoint Jesuit, Franciscan or Dominican clerics to govern their states to reduce unrest or ease conversion.
- New Mission Trees: New missions and objectives for the nations of Iberia and Northwest Africa, including Spain and Andalusia.
- Pirate Republics: Play as or combat against pirate nations in dangerous sea zones, with their own flavor and game style.
- Flagships: Appoint a Flagship to lead your navy, adding combat and trade power to your fleets.
- Naval Barrage: Use your ships to help besiege coastal forts by bombarding the walls.
Golden Century will be available for $9.99 / £7,19 / €9,99 on 11 December 2018.