Content Type: Gaming News
Date: April 6, 2018
If you cast your mind all the way back to the start of February, when we were all young and crazy and summers seemed to last forever? Ok, went a bit overboard there, but nevermind. Well in February I posted some news about a new RPG hack ’n’ slash dungeon crawler called Dungeon Stars. Well, there’s some great news in that with the combined efforts of Furnace games and Riposte Games & Co Dungeon Stars will be in Steam Early Access on the 26th April.
To celebrate this, they’ve released a new trailer that highlights the fast paced gameplay and cartoon art style that you can see in all its glory below…
Use powerful weapons and dangerous spells to rampage through dungeons hacking and slashing all the powerful enemies in your way. Never knowing what the next room will contain, you’ll need to stay focussed and your reflexes honed so you can survive long enough to face the Eater of Light, the Conqueror Worm.
- blend of 3D lighting technology with hyper expressive 2D-Style characters.
- Collect 15 heroes, each with their own powers and special quests to perform.
- Simple action-combat that has heroes blasting through hordes of enemies.
- Block enemy attacks, Smash through enemy shields, and unleash attacks to deal damage as fast as possible. As you defeat enemies, you power up your special abilities to turn the tables on dangerous opponents and powerful bosses.
- Variety of pets and gear that creates different magical combinations and capabilities to explore.
- Level-up your heroes to unlock abilities and boost their stats; equip magic gems and pets to give them new powers; customize your heroes to match your play style.
- 40+ adventures with special procedural content that bolsters replay and exploration.
- Random encounters, secret rooms and loot are never the same twice.
All this is the end result of a partnership between Riposte Games & Co and Furnace Games. Johan Eile, CEO of Riposte Games & Co has this to say…
“We are very excited about the collaboration between Furnace games and Riposte Games & Co as it bolsters a new force within the indie video game landscape. Dungeon Stars represents the first project of this partnership, and we are eager to start to receive players’ feedback. We try to push the quality bar on both tech and art with everything we do and all the developers from this game is taking that to heart in a big way. The game is built on a solid core engine and to see the content come to life is just an awesome experience. This is a really fresh and exciting evolution of the dungeon crawler genre and will bring a lot of fun to the players.”
Dungeon Stars will be ready for Purchase in Steam Early Access on the 26th April. Can you wait that long?