PVE Blood Death Kni...

Notifications
Clear all

PVE Blood Death Knight Tank Guide (WotLK 3.3.5a)  

Malphaz
(@malphaz)
wpf-cross-image

Welcome to the Blood Death Knight Tank guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Blood Death Knight in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.

Talents

This is a core build for a Death Knight main tank. 4 talent points are left and I suggest to spend them for Dancing Rune Weapon and 3/3 Morbidity or get 3/3 Scent of Blood

Blood Death Knight Dps Talent Tree Wow 3.3.5a

Actually, Scent of Blood is needed minimum 1/3, rest you can spend somewhere else if you think it's better.

Subversion is optional, you could take Rune Tap or Spell Deflection. But the Rune Tap heal isn't that much, 1 healer will do the same with 1 direct healing spell easily and that spell reflect isn't that much practical too.

Now Mark of Blood may seem like worth it, but it's not. Bosses hit slow and hard, so it won't be as useful as it could be.

Glyphs

Major Glyphs

Gems

Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.

Enchants

Gameplay & Rotations

Needed Stats

• Hit – 8% with two-handed weapons
  • Expertise – 26
  • Defence – 540 (for raids)

Rotation

Icy Touch

Plague StrikeHeart StrikeHeart StrikeHeart Strike

9 Replies
6,8k_DK_Tank
 6,8k_DK_Tank
(@6,8k_DK_Tank)

the stats are correct, but I play the Tank DK and the way to way, like there standing is whrong

1 Reply
Better than you
 Better than you
(@Better than you)

Noob

Darksceater
 Darksceater
(@Darksceater)

how about aoe tanking?

1 Reply
Epainge
 Epainge
(@Epainge)

I've been playing on Warmane for the past year. And for me, DaD-IT-PS-Pestilence works. Then keep dots up with Pestilence. Blood boil when you can. And heal yourself with DS.

moodfire@abv.bg

please make AOE tank on frost !

Dova114
(@dova114)

This blood tank is pretty wrong imo, It should look more like this: removed link :hipmMV

Spell Deflection is a pretty good boost of magic resist when it procs against breaths on Sindragosa and such.
Rune Tap generates a lot of hp and shouldnt be neglected at all
Scent of Blood is useless as a tank as you generate so much already from Icy Touch and Death Strikes
Subversion isnt needed, more of dk aggro is from icy touch
Should always have Icy Talons as a DK tank for 2 reasons.
1. You will not always have a frost dk and should provide icy talons to the raid as it is a MAJOR dps boost to melee
2. The path to Icy Talons boosts up your aggro generation from icy touch by a lot and gives you less aggro problems
as for Mark of Blood, yea it may seem useless until you actually think about the ways you can use it, an example would be Lich King Infest. The moment you put this on him, 20 people will be healed up when he finish casting Infest or right before soul reaper melee haste pops, you will generate a good amount of hp from mark of blood alone along with your death strikes

3 Replies
bruh
 bruh
(@bruh)

any reason in particular we don't need might of the mograine?

bruh
 bruh
(@bruh)

I fail to see how I should use KM in this build when combined with Heart Strike, can you explain the rotation?

Agarash
 Agarash
(@Agarash)

The title here is Blood DK Tank, not hybrid DK Tank ^^ So no, for a full Blood DK Tank, the talents are not wrong.
However, if they add a spec hybrid in the class guides, your talent tree is the one, with this exceptions :
Don't take Killilng Machine, it does nothing with a hybrid tree, because the Icy Touch is used one time and the other technics are not available. To replace this 5 points, I suggest : Black Ice 5/5 and Runic Power Mastery 2/2. The last point can be spent anywhere (maybe Anticipation 1/5)
Also, Dark Conviction is not primordial for a Tank spec, you can put this 5 points in Bloodworms 3/3 and Improved Blood Presence 2/2 for a more efficient health regeneration if you want

Scroll to Top