PVE Blood Death Knight Tank Guide (WotLK 3.3.5a)
Welcome to the Blood Death Knight Tank guide for World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a. In this guide, you will learn about playing a Blood Death Knight in a raid. The guide includes Talents, Glyphs, Gems, Enchantments, Add-ons, Gameplay & Skill rotation tips.
Actually, Scent of Blood is needed minimum 1/3, rest you can spend somewhere else if you think it's better.
Subversion is optional, you could take Rune Tap or Spell Deflection. But the Rune Tap heal isn't that much, 1 healer will do the same with 1 direct healing spell easily and that spell reflect isn't that much practical too.
Now Mark of Blood may seem like worth it, but it's not. Bosses hit slow and hard, so it won't be as useful as it could be.
Gems are situational and depend on the build and equipment. They are used to reach the required stat caps.
- Meta: Austere Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Nightmare Tear x1 or Regal Dreadstone x1
- Yellow: Solid Majestic Zircon
Also, can be filled with Hit Rating gems
- Blue: Solid Majestic Zircon
- Head – Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector
- Shoulder – Greater Inscription of the Gladiator
- Cloak – Enchant Cloak - Mighty Armor or Enchant Cloak - Titanweave
- Chest – Enchant Chest - Super Health
- Bracers – Enchant Bracers - Major Stamina
- Gloves – Enchant Gloves - Armsman or Heavy Borean Armor Kit
- Waist – Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs – Frosthide Leg Armor
- Boots – Enchant Boots - Tuskarr's Vitality
- Weapon – Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle
Gameplay & Rotations
- Hit – 8% with two-handed weapons
- Expertise – 26
- Defence – 540 (for raids)
the stats are correct, but I play the Tank DK and the way to way, like there standing is whrong
how about aoe tanking?
please make AOE tank on frost !
This blood tank is pretty wrong imo, It should look more like this: removed link :hipmMV
Spell Deflection is a pretty good boost of magic resist when it procs against breaths on Sindragosa and such.
Rune Tap generates a lot of hp and shouldnt be neglected at all
Scent of Blood is useless as a tank as you generate so much already from Icy Touch and Death Strikes
Subversion isnt needed, more of dk aggro is from icy touch
Should always have Icy Talons as a DK tank for 2 reasons.
1. You will not always have a frost dk and should provide icy talons to the raid as it is a MAJOR dps boost to melee
2. The path to Icy Talons boosts up your aggro generation from icy touch by a lot and gives you less aggro problems
as for Mark of Blood, yea it may seem useless until you actually think about the ways you can use it, an example would be Lich King Infest. The moment you put this on him, 20 people will be healed up when he finish casting Infest or right before soul reaper melee haste pops, you will generate a good amount of hp from mark of blood alone along with your death strikes